The biennial Mennonite Church USA convention will take place July 4-8, 2017, in Orlando, Florida. Seminars provided by people from across the church are a valued program component.
Do you have a seminar that you’d like to share? Complete the form below and let us know! We’ll be back in touch by October 2016 to let you know if it has been selected.
Here are some ideas to consider when determining your seminar’s content:
- Does it fit the convention theme, Love is a Verb? Does it emphasize putting love into action?
- Think beyond “religious” topics. Can participants be equipped for active, engaged, soulful living?
- Consider presenting on the delegate resolutions from 2013 and 2015: immigration, creation care, nurturing children and youth, witnessing against war, Israel-Palestine, sexual abuse, lamenting racism, and forbearance. Also consider the priorities identified in the Purposeful Plan.
- Does it appeal to multiple audiences across Mennonite Church USA?
- Can it be presented in Spanish, sign language, and/or another language?
- Can it be interactive and engage participants more than simply listening?
SEMINARS ARE 60 MINUTES IN LENGTH. If selected, you may be asked to present at more than one time.
Seminar submissions are due by September 16, 2016.