The purpose of seminars is to equip youth and adults of Mennonite Church USA for witness, formation, discernment, and leadership. Seminars are typically 60 minutes in length and cover a variety of categories including but not limited to church vitality, leadership development, peace and justice, health and well-being, stewardship, and youth ministry.
We are looking for seminars that…
- equip youth and adults to embody a holistic witness to the life, death and resurrection of Jesus in their daily lives. (Witness)
- equip youth and adults for formative Christian practices such as Bible study, prayer, worship, hospitality, testimony and peacemaking. (Formation)
- equip youth and adults to discern a common way of life as a contrast society. (Discernment)
- equip participants with specific skills needed for leadership roles in congregations, both lay and credentialed. (Leadership)
- can be presented in Spanish.
We expect that all seminars at MennoCon23…
- align with the vision of Mennonite Church USA and the Journey Forward Renewed Commitments.
- are interactive learning experiences that introduce practical tools, skills, habits or frameworks that participants can take home and put into practice.
- appeal to multiple constituencies within Mennonite Church USA.
- are led by people with expertise in the topic.