The purpose of seminars is to equip youth and adults of Mennonite Church USA for witness, formation, discernment, and leadership. Seminars are typically 60 minutes in length and cover a variety of categories including but not limited to church vitality, leadership development, peace and justice, health and well-being, stewardship, and youth ministry.
We are looking for seminars that…
- equip youth and adults to embody a holistic witness to the life, death and resurrection of Jesus in their daily lives. (Witness)
- equip youth and adults for formative Christian practices such as Bible study, prayer, worship, hospitality, testimony and peacemaking. (Formation)
- equip youth and adults to discern a common way of life as a contrast society. (Discernment)
- equip participants with specific skills needed for leadership roles in congregations, both lay and credentialed. (Leadership)
- can be presented in Spanish.
We expect that all seminars at MennoCon21…
- align with the vision of Mennonite Church USA and the Journey Forward Renewed Commitments.
- are interactive learning experiences that introduce practical tools, skills, habits or frameworks that participants can take home and put into practice.
- appeal to multiple constituencies within Mennonite Church USA.
- are led by people with expertise in the topic.
The deadline for submitting seminars was Saturday, October 10, 2020. The final list of seminars will be posted in January 2021.
For questions about seminars, contact Shana Peachey Boshart (ShanaPB@MennoniteUSA.org).